During our trip, you can follow us through this website and see where our bikes take us. First we fly to Ushuaia, the most Southern city in the world, close to the South Pole. From there on we’ll head north, to Prudhoe Bay in Alaska which lies within the Arctic Circel of the North Pole. That journey will take us through the countries Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Equador, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico, USA and Canada. On our way over there, we hope to experience many things and we’ll try to keep you posted on those experiences.
To be able to determine a route, we used maps of all the countries, (guide)books and of course the internet. We were able to come up with a list of highlights which we shouldn’t miss. We’ll decide on the exact route as we go, which means that (about) every day we’ll see what our choices of routes are and decide then and there which road we’ll take. Some days this will be easier than others, for example because there’s only one road we can take.
- Peninsula Valdez, Parque Nacional Los Glaciares / Perito Moreno, Seven lakes route, Purmamarca and surroundings, high mountain passes (dirtroads) between Chili en Argentina
- Torres del Paine NP, Vulcano area in central Chili, Atacama desert
- Altiplano in South-West Bolivia, Salar de Uyuni (large saltlake), Potosi (silvermines)
- Machu Picchu, Nazca lines, Lake Titicaca, Colca Canyon, Cordillera Blanca mountainrange
- Galapagos islands
- Panama canal
- Costa Rica
- De forests (tropical rainforests) and the abundant flora and fauna (wildlife)
- Maja culture, Baja California
- National Parks, the South, The Great Divide?, Pennsylvania; the route depends on the period that we’re there, Alaska
- Eastcoast?, Icefields Parkway, Vancouver Island, Banff, Jasper. This route also depends on the period (and therefor the weather) when we’re there and how much time we have to cross the country, because we have to be in Alaska in the period June through August.